Bafun Uni 馬糞海胆 // Sea Urchin
Here at Soshinsen, our Bafun Uni originates from Hokkaido. Freshly caught Bafun Uni has a bright, distinct orange colour and a firm texture. The resulting taste profile should be slightly briny without a fishy inkling and melts in your mouth. Visually, each tongue of Uni should also be dry and firm, and should not look as though they are melting or sagging.
- Type of Uni: Bafun 馬糞海胆
- Arrangement: Narabe (I.e. neatly arranged, and generally preferred by Chefs for plating)
- Possible brands that you may receive: Various (We leave it to our Japanese procurement partners in the market to source for the best value tray without compromising on quality).
- Colour: Various shades of Orange, and Yellow
- Storage: In the refrigerator, and should be consumed within 2 days of delivery
- Typically flown in on Tuesdays and Fridays, but do check out or flight schedules for the month or drop us a message
- For pre-orders for our next flight in, is: 12pm, 2 days prior to the date of arrival