[Toyosu] Bafun Uni (Narabe) – 250g
$188.00 (Incl. GST)
Pre-order – our incoming flights from Japan typically on Tuesday and Friday. Do place your orders ahead of time to avoid disappointment.
- Type of Uni: Bafun 馬糞
- Size: 100g (But also available in 50g and 100g trays)
- Arrangement: Narabe (I.e. neatly arranged in rows)
- Brand: Various (such as Hamanaka Ogawa, Ogawa Shoten, Ogawa 888, Marukyo, Hiryu)
- Colour: Various shades of Orange, typically bright Orange hues
- Storage: refrigerator, and best consumed within 2 days of delivery
Bafun Uni 馬糞海胆 // Sea Urchin
Here at Soshinsen, our Bafun Uni originates from Hokkaido. Freshly caught Bafun Uni has a bright, distinct orange colour and a firm texture. The resulting taste profile should be slightly briny without a fishy inkling and melts in your mouth. Visually, each tongue of Uni should also be dry and firm, and should not look as though they are melting or sagging.
- Typically flown in on Tuesdays and Fridays, but do check out or flight schedules for the month or drop us a message
- Cut off for our next flight in, is: 12pm, 2 days prior to the date of arrival
- On occasions that due to unforeseen circumstances like natural disasters, poor catch rates due to bad weather that the specific brand of Uni might not be available, our partners would then procure trays of similar quality for you
1. Weights provided are estimates and are dependent on the measurements of each catch – which see some pieces being smaller than others. We ensure that the minimum weights stated are met. Should you receive a larger piece, consider it your lucky day. Prices stated will be honoured.
2. Images are for visual purposes only, and may or may not be representative of the actual size, weight or colour of the produce.