Botan Ebi (Tray, 500g, 8 to 10 pcs)
$72.00 Incl GST
- Size: 500g (8 to 10 prawns per tray)
- Comes frozen and thaws quickly, suitable for consumption as sashimi
- Availability: all year round
- Preparation methods: Sushi, Sashimi or Grilled
Botan Ebi needs no introduction, and it can be found on menus of many sushi restaurants all year round. This is made possible with flash freezing techniques upon catch in Hokkaido and Russia, to maintain the quality of the produce. Taste wise, it is incredibly sweet and umami. Yet, presents some crunch while having a creamy finish. Truth be told, we usually stock some of these in our freezers at home for when a craving hits us at any point in time!
These come frozen and can be prepared in many ways:
- Raw as sashimi (presentation tip: peel off the shell while leaving the head and tail on),
- The heads can then be coated in flour and deep fried
- As produce is wild-caught, weights provided are estimates and are dependent on season. While some fish may be smaller than others, we ensure that the minimum weights stated are met. Should you receive a larger piece, consider it your lucky day! Prices stated will be honoured.
- Images are for visual purposes only, and may or may not be representative of the actual size, weight or colour of the produce.