The Omakase – “I’ll leave it up to you” – concept is a commonplace in Japanese restaurants. You can expect to receive 3 types of tuna in this Omakase Box, all of which are super-frozen and stored at -60° Celcius upon catch. At such low temperatures, bacterial growth is halted, preventing the natural decomposition and quality deterioration of the catch. Read more about super-freezing here.
- Each box will consist of 3 types of Tuna (300 to 500g each)
- Sashimi-grade cuts: Akami (Loin), Chutoro (Semi-fatty Belly), Ootoro (Fatty Belly), Negitoro (Minced Tuna)
- Other cuts: Honmaguro Kama (Collar), Honmaguro Cheek
- As produce is wild-caught, weights provided are estimates and are dependent on season. While some fish may be smaller than others, we ensure that the minimum weights stated are met. Should you receive a larger piece, consider it your lucky day. Prices stated will be honoured.
- Images are for visual purposes only, and may or may not be representative of the actual size, weight or colour of the produce.