Yari-Ika // Japanese Spear Squid
Yari Ika is arguably one of the more popular items that you will find in the menus of many sushi restaurants during season. Yari-Ika has an incredible flavour and is versatile when it comes to cooking methods. When raw, it has a unmistakable chew and sweetness that is hard to beat. When grilled, it’s melt in your mouth texture is further accentuated with the sweet natural juices that are drawn out with every chew.
- Per piece (150 to 280g, depending on season)
- Best season: Winter and Spring (Dec to May)
- Preparation methods: Sushi, Sashimi, Grilled or Fried
- As produce is wild-caught, weights provided are estimates and are dependent on season. While some fish may be smaller than others, we ensure that the minimum weights stated are met. Should you receive a larger piece, consider it your lucky day! Prices stated will be honoured.
- Images are for visual purposes only, and may or may not be representative of the actual size, weight or colour of the produce.