Katsuo Tataki / Smoked Skip Jack (Pcs, 250 to 350g)
$24.00 (Incl. GST)
Available daily – Frozen
- Origin: Japan
- Weight: Approx. 250 to 350g
- Ingredients: Skipjack Tuna
- Storage: Store frozen at -18°C, consume within the same day once thawed
- Suitable to be consumed raw as Sashimi
Katsuo Tataki / Smoked Skip Jack – Frozen
Katsuo translates to Skipjack Tuna. These are much smaller in size compared to the Honmaguro (Bluefin Tuna) or Mebachi (Bigeye Tuna) counterparts which typically weighs 200-300kg. Our Katsuo has been gently straw smoked at our partner factories in Japan and then frozen to be flown into Singapore. All that is left to do is just:
- Thaw in the chiller 5 to 6 hours, or overnight
- (Optional) Lightly sear the surroundings with a flame torch
- Slice into nice thick sashimi slices
- Serve with a sprinkle of salt, shoyu or ponzu sauce, and some garnish of grated Ginger and Spring Onion
- As produce is wild-caught, weights provided are estimates and are dependent on season. While some fish may be smaller than others, we ensure that the minimum weights stated are met. Should you receive a larger piece, consider it your lucky day. Prices stated will be honoured.
- Images are for visual purposes only, and may or may not be representative of the actual size, weight or colour of the produce.