Mebachi Akami / Big-eye Tuna (SFz, Pcs)
$58.50 (Incl. GST)
Available daily – Superfrozen
- Origin: Pacific
- Weight: 400 to 500g
- Ingredients: Bigeye Tuna (Mebachi)
- Storage: Store frozen for up to 3 month at -60°C / 14 days at -20°C, consume within the same day once thawed
- Suitable to be consumed raw as Sashimi
- Delivered with dry ice to safeguard produce quality and cold chain.
- Preparation methods: shoyuzuke, sashimi, sushi, chirashi don, pan seared
While it’s Bluefin and Yellowfin cousins are famed and popular, the Mebachi Tuna (Big-eye Tuna) is a favourite in Japan when it comes to Akami (lean Tuna meat). These come superfrozen at -60° Celcius and can be thawed a couple of hours before serving.
- As produce is wild-caught, weights provided are estimates and are dependent on season. While some fish may be smaller than others, we ensure that the minimum weights stated are met. Should you receive a larger piece, consider it your lucky day. Prices stated will be honoured.
- Images are for visual purposes only, and may or may not be representative of the actual size, weight or colour of the produce.
- Once thawed, sashimi-grade produce should be consumed within 24 hours. Subsequently, they should be torched or cooked.