MESSENA Yuzu Kosho 柚子胡椒 (Btl, 50g)
$11.00 (Incl. GST)
- 50g per bottle
- Made in Kagoshima, Japan
- Vegan friendly!
- Possible uses: as a dip for proteins, Japanese-style Pepperoncino,
- Ingredients: Yuzu, Ao Togarashi (Japanese Green Chilli Peppers), Sea Salt
What exactly is Yuzu Kosho 柚子胡椒? It is is a Japanese paste made from Yuzu extract (usually skin or juice) and fresh Chilli Peppers. Once cleaned and mashed with a pestel to form a paste, it is usually left to sit and ferment for at least a week. It works great paired with fatty meats (Think: a nice fatty steak of Wagyu), or fish. The clean, umami flavour profile instantly adds complexity to a simple dish. And one hack we discovered is to add a small bit (about half a tea spoon) into a pot of Chicken or Pork bone broth before serving with some Japanese noodles. Perfect on a rainy afternoon!
What we like about the MESSENA-brand Yuzu Kosho?
- Heat intensity is perfect
- Small portions perfect to bring along for gatherings
- Shelf stable product, and does not need to be refrigerated