Muki Hotate // Sashimi grade Hokkaido Scallops (Tray, 500g)
$86.00 – $88.00 Incl GST
Muki Hotate refers to Japanese scallops that come removed from the shell and nicely laid in trays after being shucked and painstakingly cleaned individually. They have never been frozen! These are suitable consumed raw as sashimi and are have a firmer texture as compared to our frozen sashimi grade scallops. If you’re a shellfish lover, these gems caught from the extremely cold, Kelp-rich waters of Hokkaido is definitely a must try! If we had to describe it in 3 words, they would be – sweet, umami and firm.
- Size: 500g per tray
- Colour: Predominantly, a nice off-white. But it’s normal to get some with a brownish tinge. These are natural and actually show that the Scallops are not bleached or artificially enhanced.
- Texture: Plump and firm
- Storage: In the chiller for up to 3 days.
- Typically flown in on Tuesdays and Fridays, but do check out or flight schedules for the month or drop us a message
- For pre-orders for our next flight in, is: 12pm, 2 days prior to the date of arrival
- In the event that the particular brand is not available due to unforeseen circumstances (such as natural disasters, or poor catch rates due to bad weather), our purveyors will bid on trays of similar quality for you.