Chikame Kintoki 金眼鯛 // Longfinned Bullseye is a salt water fish that resides between 40 and 400m depths. This comes Proton Frozen, and are scaled, cleaned and gutted. Talk about convenience!
Available daily (Proton Frozen)
- Size: 600 to 800g
- Origin: Shimane Prefecture, Japan
- Suitable for Sashimi
- Preparation methods: sashimi, nitsuke (Japanese braising), sushi, grilled
Storage / Thawing for Proton Frozen products:
- For consumption as Sashimi / Raw, to be stored in the freezer (at least -20 degrees) for up to 10 days from receiving. Once thawed, it should be consumed within 2 days.
- For consumption Cooked, to be kept in the freezer till date of expiry date (refer to packaging). Once thawed, it should be consumed within 4 to 5 days.
- To thaw, slit the bag open. This would allow for Oxygen to enter. Leaving the produce in the bag, place it in the chiller to thaw for 6 to 10 hours before preparation. Once thawed, produce should not be re-frozen.
- As produce is wild-caught, weights provided are estimates and are dependent on season. While some fish may be smaller than others, we ensure that the minimum weights stated are met. Should you receive a larger piece, consider it your lucky day. Prices stated will be honoured.
- Images are for visual purposes only, and may or may not be representative of the actual size, weight or colour of the produce.