Hiramasa 平政 // Japanese Yellowtail Amberjack (Proton Fz, Slice) is a Shirome (White meat fish) that is primed between June and September, with the 3 to 4kg fish being most popular. While it is leaner than its cousin the Yellowtail (aka Buri or Hamachi), it has complex flavours and a nice bite.
Available daily (Proton Frozen)
- 180g per packet (18 slices or uncut as a Sashimi Saku)
- Origin: Shimane Prefecture, Japan
- Suitable for Sashimi
- Preparation methods: sashimi, kombujime (昆布締め), carpaccio
Storage / Thawing for Proton Frozen products:
- For consumption as Sashimi / Raw, to be stored in the freezer (at least -20 degrees) for up to 10 days from receiving. Once thawed, it should be consumed within 2 days.
- For consumption Cooked, to be kept in the freezer till date of expiry date (refer to packaging). Once thawed, it should be consumed within 4 to 5 days.
- To thaw, slit the bag open. This would allow for Oxygen to enter. Leaving the produce in the bag, place it in the chiller to thaw for 3 to 5 hours before serving. Once thawed, produce should not be re-frozen.
- As produce is wild-caught, weights provided are estimates and are dependent on season. While some fish may be smaller than others, we ensure that the minimum weights stated are met. Should you receive a larger piece, consider it your lucky day. Prices stated will be honoured.
- Images are for visual purposes only, and may or may not be representative of the actual size, weight or colour of the produce.