Madai 真鯛 // Japanese Red Seabream (Proton Fz, Slice)
$42.00 (Incl. GST)invalid timer id
Madai 真鯛 // Japanese Red Seabream (Proton Fz, Slice) is recognised an auspicious fish for the Japanese in celebration of the New Year.
Available daily (Proton Frozen)
- 180g per packet (Sashimi cut 18 slices or Yusheng cut 18 slices)
- What’s the difference? The Yusheng cut is sliced thinner, but each slice is longer compared to the Sashimi cut.
- Origin: Shimane Prefecture, Japan
- Suitable for Sashimi
- Preparation methods: sashimi, kombujime (昆布締め), carpaccio
Storage / Thawing for Proton Frozen products:
- For consumption as Sashimi / Raw, to be stored in the freezer (at least -20 degrees) for up to 10 days from receiving. Once thawed, it should be consumed within 2 days.
- For consumption Cooked, to be kept in the freezer till date of expiry date (refer to packaging). Once thawed, it should be consumed within 4 to 5 days.
- To thaw, slit the bag open. This would allow for Oxygen to enter. Leaving the produce in the bag, place it in the chiller to thaw for 3 to 5 hours before serving. Once thawed, produce should not be re-frozen.
- As produce is wild-caught, weights provided are estimates and are dependent on season. While some fish may be smaller than others, we ensure that the minimum weights stated are met. Should you receive a larger piece, consider it your lucky day. Prices stated will be honoured.
- Images are for visual purposes only, and may or may not be representative of the actual size, weight or colour of the produce.