Suzuki // Japanese Sea Bass (Proton Fz, Slice)
$36.00 (Incl. GST)
Suzuki 鱸魚 // Japanese Sea Bass (Proton Fz, Slice) is a Summer-time Shirome (White fish) that is also known as Koppa (hatch), Seigo (about 1 year old) and Fukko (about 2 years old) at various life stages.
Available daily (Proton Frozen)
- 180g per packet (18 slices)
- Origin: Shimane Prefecture, Japan
- Suitable for Sashimi
- Preparation methods: sashimi, kombujime (昆布締め)
Storage / Thawing for Proton Frozen products:
- For consumption as Sashimi / Raw, to be stored in the freezer (at least -20 degrees) for up to 10 days from receiving. Once thawed, it should be consumed within 2 days.
- For consumption Cooked, to be kept in the freezer till date of expiry date (refer to packaging). Once thawed, it should be consumed within 4 to 5 days.
- To thaw, slit the bag open. This would allow for Oxygen to enter. Leaving the produce in the bag, place it in the chiller to thaw for 3 to 5 hours before serving. Once thawed, produce should not be re-frozen.
- As produce is wild-caught, weights provided are estimates and are dependent on season. While some fish may be smaller than others, we ensure that the minimum weights stated are met. Should you receive a larger piece, consider it your lucky day. Prices stated will be honoured.
- Images are for visual purposes only, and may or may not be representative of the actual size, weight or colour of the produce.