The Madai // Red Sea Bream is often a staple in the celebration of a new year (Omedetai). It is known as Sakuradai in Spring and later as Momijidai in Autumn. How do you tell the Red Sea Bream from others? There are exactly 19 spines on its dorsal fin!
- Size: approximately 1kg
- Availability: all year round
- Best season: Spring (known as Sakuradai)
- Typically flown in on Tuesdays and Fridays, but do check out or flight schedules for the month or drop us a message.
- Recommended to process on day of arrival, and to be consumed as Sashimi within 3 day of delivery
- As produce is wild-caught, weights provided are estimates and are dependent on season. While some fish may be smaller than others, we ensure that the minimum weights stated are met. Should you receive a larger piece, consider it your lucky day. Prices stated will be honoured.
- Images are for visual purposes only, and may or may not be representative of the actual size, weight or colour of the produce.