The Splendid Alfonsino is a deep sea fish. With it’s bright red skin and exceptionally large eye, it’s hard not to spot it in the market setting. It is often served with some skin left on and torched (or aburi-ed) lightly. With it’s high fat content and the right cooking and preparation technique, Kinmedai is a delight that will delight your palate.
- Per piece (Typically, between 500 and 600g each, but largely dependent on catch and season)
- Best season: Winter (December to February) or early Spring (March)
- Suitable to be consumed as Sashimi
- Other cooking methods: Aburi, Kawashimozukuri (Tenderisation through the splashing of boiling water), braised
- Weights provided are estimates and are dependent on the measurements of each catch – which see some pieces being smaller than others. We ensure that the minimum weights stated are met. Should you receive a larger piece, consider it your lucky day. Prices stated will be honoured.
- Images are for visual purposes only, and may or may not be representative of the actual size, weight or colour of the produce.