Tara Shirako is a delicacy enjoyed by the locals in Japan. It is only available during Winter months in Japan, often making it on the seasonal menus of Omakase restaurants. These come fresh in packets of 500g, although the brand you receive will be dependent on what is available in the markets.
- Size: 500g per packet
- Availability: Winter (Dec to Feb, but varies year on year)
- Typically flown in on Tuesdays and Fridays, but do check out or flight schedules for the month or drop us a message.
- Possible preparation methods: Tempura, or blanched and served with minced Ginger, Radish and paired with Ponzu Sauce.
- As produce is wild-caught, weights provided are estimates and are dependent on season. While some fish may be smaller than others, we ensure that the minimum weights stated are met. Should you receive a larger piece, consider it your lucky day. Prices stated will be honoured.
- Images are for visual purposes only, and may or may not be representative of the actual size, weight or colour of the produce.