[Toyosu] Murasaki Uni 紫海胆 (Auction-grade)
Murasaki Uni is available for a limited period of time every year, typically from July to August. Compared to Bafun Uni it’s known to be creamier and sweeter. This tray of Uni won at the Toyosu Uni auction in Tokyo, and flown directly into Singapore.
Grade A Uni is the of the highest quality. Anything below this – i.e. Grade B and C – does not make it to the uni auctions. Our purveyors in Japan has been one of the biggest mainstays in the Uni auctions in the now-defunct Tsukiji market and the new Toyosu market. With their extensive experience, knowledge and know-how, we have faith in their abilities to procure Uni of the best quality for you!
- Type of Uni: Murasaki 紫海胆
- Arrangement: Narabe (I.e. arranged systematically and neatly in rows)
- Brand: Ginjiro
- Colour: Yellow to dull orange / brown hues
- Texture: Plump
- Storage: In the refrigerator, and should be consumed within 2 days of delivery
- Typically flown in on Tuesdays and Fridays, but do check out or flight schedules for the month or drop us a message
- For pre-orders for our next flight in, is: 12pm, 2 days prior to the date of arrival
- In the event that the particular brand is not available due to unforeseen circumstances (such as natural disasters, or poor catch rates due to bad weather), our purveyors will bid on trays of similar quality for you.