Japanese Yellowtail (Mature) Fillet // Buri // 鰤
$135.98 inc GST
The terms Buri and Hamachi are often used in the Japanese restaurant setting. They are actually the same fish and refer to the different age and type of catch. Buri fishes are at least 4 years of age and are often wild caught. On the other hand, Hamachi (which is also known as Inada) refers to younger fishes that are caught at about 1 or 2 years of age.
- Per fillet (Approximately 1.8 to 2.5kg each, but largely dependent on catch and season)
- Best season: Winter (September to March)
- Suitable to be consumed as Sashimi, Buri Daikon, seasoned and Teriyaki sauce and pan-fried
- Weights provided are estimates and are dependent on the measurements of each catch – which see some pieces being smaller than others. We ensure that the minimum weights stated are met. Should you receive a larger piece, consider it your lucky day. Prices stated will be honoured.
- Images are for visual purposes only, and may or may not be representative of the actual size, weight or colour of the produce.